Friday 22 November 2019

One last bit of terrain for Steel Lard,...

I wasn't sure I was going to finish it, but hey, I appear to be on a roll.... I have now talked myself into running two different scenarios tomorrow at Steel Lard, I think :D

Several stones from the gravel outside. 
A bit of blue foam Tetris...
A foam board lid, and some filler.

Several more stages, a weekend off for Omaha, and who knows what else later.... The stones are held in with a combination of Loctite Power Grab (which I can't get over here and have almost run out of) and filler. 
We get to here! Usual WWS static grass in layers, some Javis moorland scatter in front of the opening, some Noch and Woodland Scenics stuff... Initially held down with PVA (for the scatter and dandelions) and superglue (for the tufts) and then given a heavy spray of WWS layering spray to hold it. 
It's a bit shaggy but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.  I may round the corners off the tile. If you see this or the white horse at Steel Lard, have a peek at just how long the static grass layers are (I'll have a small tester piece with me as well).

5 comments:

  1. Nice looking Terrain piece

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon that looks lovely. Nice work and it just needs a Henge now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had one of those for several years :D (Good heavens - seven years in fact!)

      http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/2012/11/dark-ages-scenery-stone-circle.html

      Delete
  3. Superb, impressive, creative and realistic job!

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...