Friday 1 November 2019

More painting buildings...

The filler having dried on the Original Laser Designs Saxon House, I sprayed the main body of the building with AP Skeleton Bone, then roughly applied a 50/50 mix of Hobbycraft white and cream acrylics. The timbers were done with Hobbycraft burnt umber.


About halfway through I remembered
I hadn't photographed it in its original
state. Oops. 
While the spray was drying, I was sorting out the shelves to find space for it, and was reminded (by having to move it several times) that AndyH had passed on a Roman Villa (largely because it takes up a heck of a lot of space!) for use by the club (it takes up enough space we don't have room for it yet, so it's staying here for a while!).

I don't know what make it is - seems to be made of hardboard with a filler and sand/ballast texture. It's predominantly grey, and the roof looks a bit pale, so while I had rather more of the cream/white mix than I needed, and a handy can of AP Fur Brown, I redid the walls and roof. The weekend's job probably includes prettying up the base and perhaps the walls with some mud and foliage, and a light wash and maybe some moss on the roof, as it is a touch bland.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking additions to your buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. The thatch looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...