Sunday 30 June 2019

More basing thoughts

One of the problems with the last batch of bases is the Tamiya Desert Sand textured paint doesn't stick that well to the coins, and the PVA/sand doesn't either to the 'glossy' MDF surface of the movement trays/sabots.

I've just done a batch of bases and trays for the Spanish guerillas Tom painted for me a while ago, so this time, to see if it improves matters, I've started with a coat of Halfords matt black universal spray primer. (Note to self: I am now running out of said primer, so if it works I need to buy some more.)

More when I find time to do the next stages!

2 comments:

  1. Like quite a few other gamers/painters I now complete the basing (PVA & sand) for individual before priming the figure as this helps bond the sand to the base. BUT make sure you use 3 or 4 applications of thinned pva on the sand to make sure you don't get the odd granule of sand ending up on the figure as you prime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a problem fixing sand to mdf, but I would suggest 'priming' the mdf surface with a quick rub of some fine sandpaper, and I always add a drop of washing up liquid to my PVA-water mix to improve the flow.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...