Saturday 29 June 2019

Miller's Tale episode 7 repost

There were, it appears, a number of issues some folks were having with the most recent podcast episode.
  • Like an idiot I added ID3 tags, which some podcast players don't like on M4A files. Thanks to Roger B-W for spotting this.
  • When I built the new server, I missed copying one change to a small but essential configuration file off the backup, which meant the episode wouldn't play in Firefox. Thanks to Dave Brown for reporting that.
  • I also changed the server that handles the podcast files from HTTP to HTTPS. This shouldn't make any difference, but you never know :D
  • Some podcast feed services cache the incorrectly-tagged version, so even though I fixed it you still might not have been able to play it. Thanks to Neil McGurk for flagging that this may be an issue.
So. Here's a fresh post, so it creates a new podcast feed entry, linking to a copy of the correct file, so the feed services can't cache it. If you've been having problems, try this and see if it resolves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...