Friday 13 September 2019

One building finished

...mostly because I wanted to see how long it took, and where the pitfalls were.

Mostly, the fact that greyboard soaks up a LOT of paint, and you don't see the final colour till it dries, and cut edges just don't take paint. I need to do the roof bottom edge again. Probably more than once.

With hindsight I'd give serious thought to pre-spraying everything possible before starting gluing stuff :D

Anyway, here we are. I also cut back the sepia wash on a few test street pieces with 200 grade sandpaper and added some AK slime green bits. Not doing any more this week - Dux Compendium tomorrow.

A mix of Wilko tester pots (the stucco and stonework), 4Ground paints (the shutters, individual bricks and tiles), AP Uniform Grey and Fur Broan(the steps) and AP metallics (the door).
I actually braved a 3D effect on the door (copper, bronze highlights, 50/50 copper/dark gunmetal shadow), and gave it a very light wash in some of the corners of a verdigris-type shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...