Thursday 25 July 2019

Tidying up....

Had a bit of a tidy today, to go through my Really Useful Box of unpainted 15mms, partly in the hope of finding a suitable couple of figures and partly because I'm pretty sure my Germans for Bloody Omaha are short a mortar section.

A bit of research reveals the mortars in WN62 and 64 were 50mms, so pretty much outdated and clearly dumped on the Atlantic Wall, so the current 81mms I have are wrong (and annoyingly the spare blister is actually Fallschirmjäger). Finding 15mm scale light mortars and crew in mid/late-war uniform is proving interesting. Some compromises may be needed.

Also, amusingly, WN64 (back right of the Omaha board) should additionally have a 20mm FlaK38 to add to its arsenal, and WN62 should also have a twin AA MG and two 50mm AT guns, but I'm working on the assumption that both had to cover more of the beach than I have on display, so they're not on the table (see how generous I am to the Americans!)

I also unearthed several unlabelled boxes of 15mms. I foresee a game of 'what the heck is this' in my future...

1 comment:

  1. Mike, a YouTube video (if you do YouTube vids), in the same vein as Ralph Astley's Mountain Ramble videos that seem popular with viewers of his channel. Painting & listening to a ramble is a good thing.

    Grant

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...