Saturday 29 June 2013

Google Reader is closing!

For those of you who missed it last time I posted about it, or had forgotten, Google, in their infinite wisdom, will be closing one of the few products of theirs I make extensive use of really very soon indeed! - namely Google Reader.

After a fair amount of trying (and often swearing at) the available alternatives, I've decided I'm going with Feedly. On the plus side, it imports your existing Google Reader feeds, works with most browsers, and has an iOS app. The only downside is it isn't quite the same in look and feel, but it is pretty close, and certainly a lot less annoying than several of the alternatives I've tested.

4 comments:

  1. I don't use a reader, but one of the blog sites I hit for news does. They seemed to like DIGG instead of Feedly.

    Here's the article if you want to check it out....

    http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/06/congrats-digg-for-rescuing-me-from-feedly-gets-google-reader-replacement-in-just-under-the-wire-and-it-works.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've swapped over to feedly (primarily for the ios app), but the problem that I've found is that it won't post my comments - case in point, I'm having to re-post this comment on my laptop, as despite attempting to publish it in-app about an hour ago, there's no comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad day, but I moved my feeds to "The Old Reader" and am very happy with it, function and look is exactly the same....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gone with Feedly too, but I have run into a problem. Recently it stopped syncing the website and the android app.
    Any idea if I'm doing something wrong or did they just introduce a bug?

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...