Monday 18 April 2016

"Touching History"

I was cross with myself this morning, as I was reminded by a post on the TFL Yahoo! Group that I'd meant to pop over to Caliver Books stall at Salute and see if they had a copy of Paul Darnell's "Touching History" volume 1 (on building terrain for the Peninsula), and I'd clean forgotten (I plead having already bought loads of stuff and walked over 5 1/2 miles, according to my FitBit!).

You may therefore imagine my delight when I Googled for it, intending to bring up the Caliver page (where it's about £25), and found this - those lovely folks from Karwansaray Publishing (who publish WSS magazine) have it as a very decent quality downloadable PDF for under a fiver.

Thanks, Jesper!

SP2 players doing the Peninsula? You probably need this just for inspiration, if nothing else! Also note they have the other three volumes including North America...

5 comments:

  1. Paul Darnell - hugely skilled terrain/model maker but an absolute nightmare as a businessman. He still has £200 of mine from an unfulfilled commission of about 5 years ago. Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a lovely book and well worth the money, but what ever happened to Paul Darnell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it is my eye sight - but I am sure some of those red tile roofed buildings could sub for a late Romano-Brit town or Villa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent books in that series, and well worth an investment.
    Paul Darnell said he was going into other art projects and leaving model making if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice link! Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...