Tuesday 5 March 2013

Old Stuff Day

Via Ray at "Don't Throw a 1":
The idea of posting up some links to some unloved and unappreciated posts is the brainchild of Warhammer 39999.comFrom his blog: 
"This is why I’m proposing all bloggers highlight the content they’re most proud of on March 2nd in celebration of “Old Stuff Day.” On this day, each blogger can go through their history and find posts that they’d like to shake the dust off and present again to the community at large. Some suggestions for content that would be good to post:
  • Posts that you considered special that didn’t receive as much attention as you thought they deserved
  • Content that people liked in the past, but haven’t seen recently
  • Posts you might have created before your site received much traffic, and now deserve to be re-shown
  • Or any content you’re particularly proud of!"
The official day was March 2, but I was otherwise occupied, so here I am a couple of days late with an old how-to, an old creative battle report and some old photos.

As it's just popped up on the Lardies list, I figured a fresh link to my post on how to fix the dreaded grey misting varnish problem wouldn't hurt. I really should dig that army out, see how it's lasted and varnish it again.

The Saga of the White Ravens was my first crack at Saxon alliterative verse, before Andy Hawes and I got seriously stuck into Dux Britanniarum.

My camera packed up halfway into our club's first game of Pyramid of Peril at Hammerhead 2012, but I did manage to rescue these off the Compact Flash card.

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading peoples old posts. The Saga of The White Raven was most excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice posts Mike, I think this was a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...