|In happier times...|
There's a big table of 'grab bins' of assorted magazines, Templar's Forge (Maelstrom's own brand, IIRC) templates, obscure figure ranges, sprues, and Maelstrom Purple spray paint at £1 or 50p depending. There's about half a wall of Flames of War blisters (most of the good stuff gone), some SAGA, some Warlord, about half a dozen boxes of 20mm Plastic Soldier Company, 3 boxes of Victrix plastic hoplites, two racks of Vallejo paints, a denuded rack of Army Painter, some Dystopian Wars and Uncharted Seas, and a bunch of other stuff I wasn't interested in. To add further to the slightly gloomy feel, a fair amount of the stock isn't on the system and the guy behind the till seemed not to care over much as long as some money changed hands. I got four SAGA blisters for £20 total - he was quite happy to handwave them at a fiver each - and Bag The Hun for 50p.
One wonders what's going to happen to the place.
Not, you understand, that I'm complaining. I managed to nail, for a grand total of about £55:
- A dozen SAGA Norman/Breton cavalry plus a warlord (RRP about £43 total)
- 3 Battlefront Jeeps. (£7)
- A can of Army Painter Crystal Blue (£8.50)
- A can of Army Painter "Maelstrom" Purple - Alien Purple relabelled for Maelstrom (£8.50)
- Half a dozen Army Painter Warpaints (£15)
- A copy of the Lardies "Bag The Hun" rules. (£16)
- An Army Painter brush (£2.50)
- A set of "Price of Glory" WW1 skirmish rules (£10)