Saturday 14 September 2019

Sarissa Streets of Rome^H^H^H^HVenice Workshops

Ok, I lied. Change of plan as Anne has volunteered to do a Sunday shift 9-7 (her vet surgery pays good overtime) so I have all day to work on the Dux Compendium tomorrow. Besides, a parcel from Sarissa arrived in the post this morning, while we were painting a couple of bits of the outside wall of the studio (that's 1:1 scale painting) that needed it, and... well... I just had to.

A (very) small gripe about the TT Combat Venice range is that most of the buildings are residential, and I wanted some dockside buildings. So I went for a couple of Sarissa Streets of Rome buildings - specifically this one and the warehouses. And given my grumbles yesterday, I got out the spray cans and masking tape...
Sarissa's usual packaging...
Ahh. The smell of fresh hewn MDF...
Ok - doors sprayed with AP Chaotic Red and masked off.
Base sprayed with Halfords grey primer 
That's actually GW Chaos Bone - I really must find a cheaper off-white primer that's paler than AP Skeleton Bone...
101 uses for a 1-2-3 block, number 98 - holding the awning struts while they dry on the sprue. 
Frames pre-sprayed with AP Chaotic Red and then attached. As you can see, the masking tape leaked a bit when I did the Chaos Bone... but never mind. 
I'll touch those up later (and stick that odd corner down properly right now!).
Roof sprayed with PSC Field Grey, which is quite a decent slate-ish colour, and usefully I have matches for it, for touch-up. Base has been washed with Vallejo Sepia Shade.The whole thing needs a little touch up in a few places, and maybe some weathering on the roof, but that's pretty much all done without the aid of a brush (except for the PVA :D).

Also, usefully, it's almost exactly 3 blocks of the TTCombat street sections long, and a bit less than two wide (giving an alley down the back). I may add some bollards as scatter scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...