Monday 2 September 2019

Battle Report - 2 Sep 2019 - Sails of.. less than Glorious

I ran (for the first time in a while) a game of Sails of Glory for those folks who had nothing to play the day after the show.

Man, I'm rusty.  Also the first outing for the beach boards, and entirely not for the game I was expecting.

Anyway - Rod and Colin had the French, with the mission of running the British blockade (Dave and Carl) with a favourable wind to the far end of the table. Unfortunately (mea culpa) I forgot how hard navigation is in SoG if you've never done it before, and there were... shall we say collisions, as well as a couple of bad applications of relatively obscure rules. That said, I think a good time was had by all, even if the French were largely their own worst enemies.


My beach boards are 9mm. Annoyingly, the club's sea boards are 12mm :D

1 comment:

  1. Ah a 9mm & 12mm disparity, I know the problem well... beer mats were my friends then

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...