Thursday 2 May 2019

Beach part 11 and some scenery repairs

We're bringing our 54mm Hundred Years War game to Campaign:MK - it's essentially a scenario from Don Featherstone's "Skirmish Wargaming" brought very slightly up to date with chit-based activation. It does, however, use several of the Bloody Omaha modular hils, my 'big hill' and a blue foam piece of castle, all of which need some TLC.

Andy trimming the base of the big hill,
and hopefully not his fingers,
The big hill is mostly suffering from having been knocked around a lot, and also now needs flocking to match everything else (as do the Omaha boards!). The former's been rebased on a piece of thick A0 art board, and I'll touch it up and re-grass it later.

I did get most of the way through re-grassing (again!) the three Omaha boards I need, with layers of WWS static grass. They do look a bit good, I think.

I am resigned to re-doing the lot - the WWS approach just looks so much better! I will produce a detailed how to on it later.
I did also get round (finally) to grassing the bay board from the beach set to match. Essentially its WWS Spring 2mm,. then Autumn and Wild Meadow 4mms, then a bit of scuffing up, more 2mm Spring and then 6mm Dead Grass. And lots of layering spray.
The castle Andy got to work on - mostly involved replacing one wall section that had been accidentally sprayed with spray paint and melted, and touching up the bits where the blue foam showed through. I'll be drybrushing and texturing it later. And for a final step, we re-sprayed one of the Timpo (I think PVC) tents to see if we could find a solution to the paint flaking off. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...