Thursday 9 May 2019

Preparing for Campaign.

Before and after the dry/overbrush.
The last bits of prep for taking 'Archers In France' to Campaign in Milton Keynes this weekend. We're there both days, although if for some strange reason you want to see me, I'm only there on the Sunday. And I'm on a deadline because Grahame is picking this lot up tomorrow!

So - today, after Andy had done some more stonework on the castle, I drybrushed the ink-washed stone heavily with cream acrylic. It's pretty much the same trick as the limestone cliffs but it certainly works.

The finished article.
Basically it's several massive chunks of XPS foam, stonework scribed in with a pencil, textured by rolling a ball of crinkled foil on it, painted grey, drybrushed white, ink washed brown, drybrushed cream.

After all. Why change a good thing if it works? :D

Last up I finished off the wound markers. 10mm MDF disks, green on one side, red on the other, white ink pen to draw a stick figure on each, then black Sharpie to mark the wounded area. Fun, simple. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be there both days. It is my current home town

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...