Monday 12 August 2013

Skytrex in administration

In case you missed the news, wargames legends Skytrex are in administration. This seems to in part be something to do with the partners finally retiring and the fact that for various reasons they're not making money. Anyway as a result, everything on the website shows as out of stock, but you can sign up for a mailing list, which in theory is going to tell you when they start the closing down sale.

As I have various holes in my 15 mm collection for IABSM that I'm not prepared to pay Battlefront prices for, I shall be watching this with a keen interest.

11 comments:

  1. Bother!

    Just when I was thinking about getting into naval gaming, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which era? http://www.redeagleminiatures.co.uk/

      Delete
    2. WWII.

      I'm sure somebody will take over the range, which will give me an excuse to put off working on my eternally-in-progress rules system again.

      Delete
  2. I knew they were selling off ranges and retiring but did not expect this

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard they were £2m in debt. This sounds like a huge exaggeration but the person who told me is close to the company...

      Delete
  3. Let's hope they can get something sorted out, it'd be a shame to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that Ray it would be a shame

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any ideas what that does to OldGlory15s here in the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe, but don't quote me on this, that OG15s have a license and masters for Command Decision already.

      Delete
    2. http://wargames.nordalia.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=31 may help. Or just add to your confusion :D

      Delete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...