Tuesday 29 October 2019

Some new (to me) purchases for Dux....

Sprayed....
AndyMac at the club was getting rid of some of his Dark Ages stuff, so I have picked up a bunch of originally unpainted Grand Manner buildings that he'd done a very nice job on.

The only issue with them was that he and I differ on preferred thatch colours, so I planned to repaint the roofs tonight. Being Grand Manner, they're resin and removable, so as a first stage I took them outside with a can of AP Desert Yellow, turned on the garden spotlight so I had some chance of seeing what I was doing, and had a blast

Partly because it was dark and a little windy, and I was spraying at an angle, the dusting of paint they got wasn't as thick as I expected and mostly hit the highlights. Certainly as a first pass, I could leave them like that: however, time for an ink wash to knock the brightness back a bit and deepen the shadows, and then drybrush back with Desert Yellow....

Et voila....

They'll definitely do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...