Thursday 31 October 2019

Original Laser Designs Saxon house

Back when I was assembling assorted MDF Dark Ages kits, I picked this up online, and wasn't really paying attention and reading the details of the description when I did. I was thus somewhat surprised when it turned up assembled :D Original Laser Designs were a major hit at the one Hereward they came to, and we'd love to have them back.

Since I'm on a roll with resin thatched roofs, I figured it was past time to get it done. So - roof, as before, AP Desert Yellow spray, Vallejo Sepia Shade wash - currently waiting for it to dry for a quick drybrush of Desert Yellow again. Main kit is 3mm MDF, so it got my usual treatment of a rough application of fine artists texture paste. Once that dries I'll spray it with AP Skeleton and drybrush some highlights from a suitably paler tester pot of paint, followed by some Hobbycraft Burnt Umber acrylic for the wood framing and door. If I can find one of my spare cork tiles I may base it.

Edited to note: somewhere on my workbench should be some more small bits of MDF from this kit. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...