Thursday 19 December 2019

Rewriting old rules

For once, the meat of today's post is going to be on the other blog, and I make no apologies: it's one of those things where I'm not sure where it belongs, but it started on The Sage DM, so it can stay there!

I've been digging out my copy of the D&D Battlesystem mass combat rules, which were designed for AD&D 1st and maybe 2nd Edition, and seeing if I can make them work for 5th Edition, which has subtly different combat rules. Quite a fun exercise, involving spreadsheets and juggling with dice probabilities - right up my street.

Not quite finished - the last of the job is changing the activation system from IGOUGO with interrupts and other nasties to a TFL-style command and control system. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...