Wednesday 25 December 2019

Playing with the Stream Deck

Back from the in-laws. Anne's in bed with a box of Lindor choccies and an iPad game, James is (checks Discord status...) apparently playing around with Ableton Live on his PC, and I have a comfy armchair, a small pack of Hotel Chocolat caramel chocolates (ok, the wrappers and tray from...), a MacBook which now has OBS installed, and a brand new Elgato Stream Deck.

Basically, it has 15 completely configurable buttons with individual colour displays, and the idea behind it is you can customise it for your own gaming or streaming video, or whatever, setup to replicate arbitrary key presses, do scene/camera changes, send Tweets, etc etc...

In 15 mins of playing I already have it doing the last two of the above. This thing is freaking COOL.

Now I just have to find the case containing my two MS LifeCam Studios and my Firewire audio interface, and the fun can really start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...