Monday 30 December 2019

The final Meeples...

...is up for those who've not noticed yet.

Very much the end of an era: 283 episodes (not counting various multi-parters from Salute, IIRC) over... longer than I've been back in the hobby - 12 years, in fact. One of the first podcasts I started listening to, back in Whispering Neil days, and one I was flattered and honoured to be a part of (counts on fingers) for I think over 100 episodes. It cost me (and probably a lot of other folks) a lot of money that I don't grudge at all, but equally it gave us all, I'm sure, a lot of fun and entertainment - I suspect I can speak for a lot of people when I say that there are games, figure ranges and rules, and probably even whole areas of the hobby, that I wouldn't have come across without the show.

It also created a community, and for that alone it was awesome, never mind anything else.

Thanks guys.

Roll good dice!

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't realized they were wrapping up - what a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... That's one podcast that will be sorely missed by this gaming nerd.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...