Tuesday 24 December 2019

Pre-Christmas Dux...

Look! Words!
Shot AndyH a copy of the scenario we were playtesting, having made a bunch of changes last night, to receive back some great suggested edits and clarifications at... um... midnight.

Man's keen :D

Got those worked in today: harder than I expected as there's a built in constraint that raid scenarios should fit on one page, as per the original book, and... It's not exactly that the setup instructions are difficult, once you see it done, but explaining them unambiguously is a challenge, and why my standard playtest for new scenarios is to hand my instructions to Someone Else, preferably Someone Else Who Is Pedantic And An Ex English Teacher[1][2][3], to set the scenario up.

Anyway, that was a good day. Have helped James through some Marketing homework, wrapped presents, scratched my head at two very odd bugs at work, so now it's food, a cuppa and an evening off till I go round sound for Midnight Mass.

[1] This is the rule-writer's equivalent of the Evil Overlord's "One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation." :D
[2] That's "formerly an English teacher", not "formerly English and a teacher."
[3] Mr Hawes, preferably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...