Sunday 21 July 2019

Battle Report - 20 Jul 2019 - “Napoleonic Command”

Probably not fair to call this a battle report, since Jeff (author of the rules) will undoubtedly be posting a much better one on his site later.

Suffice it to say that it was my second go-around with the Napoleonic Command rules of his, hosted by Elliott in the Twin Cities, and featuring the Prussians (technically commanded by me and ably assisted by Elliott) against Jeff’s French who were attempting to reach Berlin.

I think this time round the rules clicked with me and we managed to stage a very successful defence of the approaches to Berlin, driving Jeff’s attacks back on both flanks and stalling his centre for long enough that had we gone on he was going to get enveloped from both sides.

Terrain by Elliot and IIRF largely Timecast, figures mostly (Jeff will no doubt correct my) Pendraken 10mm form both Jeff and Elliott’s collections.

More detailed review of the rules to follow on the next podcast episode, but for now I need breakfast and have a flight to catch home. (I foresee more reading of Dux reference sources in my future :D)








3 comments:

  1. It was great fun having you as a guest commander. The figures, by the way, were a mix of AiM, Old Glory, Magister Militum and Pendraken . . . sometimes in the same unit since they're all quite compatible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buildings used were Vollmar "Z" gauge (1:220 scale). German model railway buildings are a great resource.

    Bridge were from Steve Clay at https://battlescale.com/

    Timescale - they have some great Peninsular/North Italian buildings.

    I was a real pleasure seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great pleasure to get a chance to BE there again :D

      Delete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...