Wednesday 13 March 2019

A good night's work....

Per my tweets from earlier:
And the answer is, a fair bit :D
  • Todo list written. 
  • Some interesting thoughts thunk and decisions made about one of Shaun Randell's questions about Evade and Carpe Diem, with prompting from Derek Hodge.
  • Found the missing note for weather in Scotland and Ireland, which means I don't have to add two more table columns :D
  • Tracked down and at least understood the issue with moving tables around in Apple's Pages app  - basically, text boxes (for sidebars) can be locked to a point in the text and still made to have text flow round them. Tables can't. I thought for a moment I could cheat and put a table inside a text box... but I can't. Grr.
  • Found and figured out how to fix a bug with the Spiral Initials font where the upper and lower case 'm' have different letter shapes. 
  • Filled in headers, assigned pages and wrote brief outlines for all the stuff left to do. This will probably cause a few more spurious page throws and moving tables before I'm done, but I can live with that.
There's less to do than I thought: I can knock off most of the small sections one a day on days when I've got evening commitments.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting about the difference in Pages between text box an tables. That has been catching me out and I never realised they were handled differently.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...