Sunday 19 August 2012

"The First World War From Above"

I\d have left this post until I got to the appropriate point in my holiday narrative, but since the corresponding BBC iPlayer programme expires this coming Saturday, I thought I should draw it to folks' attention now.

"The First World War From Above" is a BBC 4 documentary that looks at the Great War trenches from the perspective of ... well, above! It uses a lot of reconnaissance photos from World War 1, as well as some recently discovered footage shot by a Fenchman, Jacques Trolley de Prévaux, from an airship over the front lines after the end of the war in the summer of 1919.

Some excellent footage, some very neatly done computer reconstructions, and some interesting stories. Well worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...