Thursday 8 August 2019

Marshy goodness

Starting to get the marshy bits of the Omaha boards back to a state I''m happy with.

The texture from yesterday has dried, so earlier I took a selection of suitably swampy greens and browns and painted the bottoms. Once that had dried, I got out some PVA and some 10mm static grass, and basically built grass tufts in situ. Simple, really: dap a spot of PVA where you want the tuft, then take a generous pinch of grass and sort of pull it half of it out through your fingers so what you're left holding is mostly aligned, then dab the end into the PVA and lift up...

As you can see, it does the trick!

Once this has dried, which may not be tonight, I may do a little more touch up work and then I'm going to take advantage of those boards being on the only accurately levelled surface (thanks, Tim the builder) in the workshop, and do the Woodland Scenics water pour.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good - like it'd suck your boot right off your foot.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...