Well, from a completing my original aims perspective, that's definitely 5/10, could do better. But... that doesn't begin to cover the awesomeness that was 2012. Watch this space.Completing existing armies:
- Add a couple more cohorts and another unit of cavalry to my 28mm EIR - well, I managed the cavalry, but that was all
- Add another two warbands, some more cavalry, fanatics and chariots to my 28mm Brigantes - success (barring the cavalry)
- Add another squad with support weapons to my 28mm Wehrmacht (for Operation: Squad) - pass on the squad, fail on any support weapons
- Add another regiment of pike and shot to my 28mm Royalists - all I managed was two command figures, but then Gary at the club has ridiculous numbers of forcesNew armies:
- Napoleon At War 18mm French - at least two infantry brigades plus cavalry plus artillery - nope: never quite got round to it, despite the fact the French Chasseurs have been undercoated for a year+!
- 28mm Parthians (largely Wargames Factory Persian light cavalry plus A&A cataphracts). Waiting on Armies of Antiquity 2 to see what else I need. - likewise
- Some 28mm Gladiators for Warhammer Historical's ruleset - nope
- 28mm British Commandos for Op: Squad - nope
- 28mm Russians ditto - nope
- 28mm Normans - for SAGA and a possible club campaign - yes, although currently they're doing duty as Christian SpanishScenery:
- I should buy some so I can game at home - well, I've made a start
- Paint up/flock the Citadal modular hill I have - done!
- Try constructing some 28mm buildings - not done
- Ditto bocage for Operation: Squad - no, but I have the raw materials to make some in 15mmRulesets to acquire/check out:Buy:
- Operation: Squad - Vehicles (and Reinforcements when it's out) - bought, but somewhat disillusioned with the system in non-tournament play
- Hail Caesar - bought, as well as the supplementsTest:
- Napoleon At War - not yet, but this coming year, honest
- Gladiator - not yetOther stuff
- Get the *deleted* workshop organized so I can keep track of all this stuff! - well, it's a lot tidier than it was
- Sort out some means of spraying indoors while it's cold! - not yet, but considering it
- Wargamers Pledge. Watch this space! - erm... *shuffles feet*. Yes, well.
Saturday, 29 December 2012
2012 end of year report part 1 - what I said I was going to do
First up in my end of year report, let's take a look at my rash predictions from last year, and see where I got to...