Saturday 22 June 2019

Ok, that's not what I expected to run out of...

Finished painting the SdKhz 251. Decided I probably need a paint shaker, since the newer AP colours and some of the Vallejo's seem very prone to separate. As a side effect of this, the Vallejo camo brown dried surprisingly glossy, so after a ink wash (in itself semi-gloss) I figured it could stand a coat of AP Anti-shine....

Picks up first can. Very empty sounding rattle.

Picks up second can. Even more empty sounding rattle.

Hrm.

Let history record there was just enough to do the half-track, with several vigorous re-shakes.

I wonder if Reuben still has any in left-over stock?

(And yes, I do know I was out of Balkankreuz decals, but that's another issue :D)

1 comment:

  1. One of my last major purchases was an order from Green stuff world for enough paint agitator ball bearings to cover my existing AP and Vallejos. I guess I'll have to do the same now that I'm having to invest in a brand new palette for the FIW. I think a paint shaker might be on the cards, along with a static grass applicator. This 28mm side of wargaming takes on a life of its own. As for varnish, because Testors Dull cote availability is random at best, I tended to buy in bulk when available.
    Glad that you had enough to cover the halftrack.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...