Friday 5 April 2019

More Salute prep

Catching up again after a work day in London on Thursday - so this is Wednesday's update...

Wayyyy back when this Omaha Beach game was first mooted, I wanted to do a bunch of casualty bases to place when particularly big amounts of damage were handed out from the German positions.

This involved a custom order with Command Decision for their medics/casualties, but in the end I only had time to paint the medics. The Battlefront assault company boxes also contained a lot of wounded figures in the middle of being shot, which don't really work on active units, but I thought would make great figures to put on a small base with a Warbases 7mm dice frame to hold kill/shock marker dice.

So, this time:

I found (eventually) the small Really Useful Box with the primed casualty bases, and my four test kill/shock marker bases (as well as more of the annoying Battlefront wounded figures). Unfortunately, I haven't found the box with the rest of the dice frames in :(

WIP at this point - still needed bases painting, and some detail
brushwork.
The casualty bases are now done (Wednesday) - 24 of them with a red mark on the back so as not to confuse them with active units (all of which have a unit designation on the back - e.g. "<29th logo> G 5 Rifle 1"). If I happen to find the Warbases dice frames before about 8pm on Friday I may see what I can do with the casualty markers: however, it's probably worth noting that there are potentially 108 individual teams that could take casualties on the US side, and I'm absolutely certain I don't have enough frames...

...or for that matter micro dice, so if you see me dashing off to The Dice Shop art Salute you'll know why :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...