Sunday 27 November 2011

28mm Op: Squad figures

As I've said before, I don't claim to be the world's best painter. But I'm quite proud of these for "wargame standard"...

Denison smocks are a sod to paint, too!

The science bit:

Wehrmacht (Warlord Games 28mm plastic):
  • primer - Army Painter Uniform Grey
  • tunics - assorted colours, see earlier post!
  • equipment - Citadel Commando Khaki, Bestial Brown, Black
  • entrenching tool handle - mix of Snakebite Leather and Commando Khaki
  • helmets - Tamiya German Grey
Paras (Warlord Games 28mm metal):
  • primer - Army painter fur brown
  • trousers - mix of Bestial Brown, Snakebite Leather and a touch of Knarloc Green
  • Denison Smock - Commando Khaki base, camo colours Knarloc Green and Scorched Brown (actually, I ran out of the latter, so it was a colour mixed to match)
  • webbing - Tamiya Field Grey
  • beret - Red Gore
Dip was brushed Army Painter Strong Tone (after a false start in which I forgot to shake/stir the new tin!). Base is my usual - Tamiya Dark Earth textured diorama paint, dilute PVA to fix Javis Moorland Scatter, then a few Gale Force rock fragments. Finally, some Javis static grass - I find that this works remarkably well if you grab a pinch in your fingers and sprinkle it - it seems to stand up much like it was dropped from a puffer bottle and is much less mess (more Wife Points).

The final step is a spray of Army Painter matt varnish, and we're done.

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with these little chaps, you've done a great job, with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still surprised I managed to get the Paras from tan undercoat to ready to dip in 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...